A modern stadium must have a good lighting environment to ensure visual effects and meet the lighting requirements of the audience, participants and television broadcasts. Then do you know the illumination requirements and design of the stadium lighting?
Stadium Lighting Design and Testing Standards
157-2007 proposed that metal halide lamps should not use open-type lamps. The degree of protection of the lamp housing should not be lower than IP55, and the degree of protection should not be lower than IP65 for places that are not easy to maintain or have serious pollution.
The “Sports Building Electrical Design Code”
354-2014 proposed that metal halide lamps should not use open-type lamps, and the lamp efficiency should not be less than 70%. The degree of protection of the lamp housing should not be lower than IP55, and the degree of protection of the lamp housing should not be lower than IP65 in places where maintenance is inconvenient or seriously polluted, and the degree of protection of the underwater lamp housing should be IP68.
Requirements of stadium lighting design
(1) Exercise space and lighting. The horizontal illuminance of ground motion is more important. It is mainly that the light distribution on the ground is required to be even. The space motion requires that the distribution of light be very uniform within a certain space from the ground.
(2) Movement direction and lighting. In addition to requiring good horizontal illumination, multi-directional sports require good vertical illuminance, and the pointing of lamps must avoid direct glare to athletes and spectators.
(3) Movement speed and lighting. In general, the higher the speed of motion, the higher the lighting requirements, but the illuminance required for high-speed motion in one direction is not necessarily higher than the low-speed motion in multiple directions.
(4) Sports level and lighting. Generally speaking, the higher the level of competition of the same sports event, the higher the required lighting standards and indicators. Different levels of the game, the athlete’s level will also be very different, the lighting level requirements are not the same.
(5) Sports venues lighting. In general sports events, in addition to sports competition venues, lighting in the main activity areas must also reach a certain illuminance value, and secondary activity areas also have minimum illuminance values.
The illumination level of the stadium is up to 15001x, and the vertical illuminance reaches 10001x. It can meet the requirements of the audience watching the game and the requirements for live broadcast of the color television.
The illuminance of the stand lighting is determined according to the requirements for the site to broadcast TV. Generally, the illuminance of the stand lighting is 25% of the horizontal illuminance at the site edge.