Currently, tunnel lighting uses high-pressure sodium lamps as light sources, but high-pressure sodium lamps have many deficiencies in terms of radiation form, color rendering, visual sensitivity characteristics, power specifications, brightness control, etc., and emerging LED tunnel lighting fixtures have excellent performance.
In particular, the controllability of brightness overcomes many shortcomings of high-pressure sodium lamps and is becoming the mainstream lighting for tunnel lighting in the world today. The country has also introduced new measures for semiconductor lighting projects in the “Ten Cities”, bringing unprecedented opportunities for the development of LED tunnel lights.
LED (Light Emitting Diode) is a light emitting diode, which is a semiconductor light emitting technology. The earliest developed LEDs can only emit red light for use as indicators in electronic devices. With the development of technology, LED lights can now emit various colors of light, and are widely used in many types of industries. The main application markets include traditional display and signal lamp markets, backlight market, street lamps, tunnel lights, and automotive lighting markets. , outdoor landscape lighting and interior lighting market, special lighting market.
LED as a tunnel light source has its unique advantages.
(1) LED tunnel lighting fixtures consumes less power and saves energy. Compared with the traditional high-pressure sodium lamp, the energy consumption of the LED tunnel lamp saves more than 40%.
(2) The LED tunnel lamp has a long life, and in an ideal state, it has 100,000 hours, while the lifetime of the high pressure sodium lamp and the fluorescent tube is only 10,000 to 30,000 hours.
(3) The reliability of LED tunnel lights is high, daily maintenance and maintenance costs are low, MTBF is up to 20,000 hours, while MTBF of high-pressure sodium lamps and fluorescent tubes is less than 10,000. h.
(4) The construction cost of distribution systems (cables, transformers, distribution boxes, bridges, etc.) is reduced. For long-distance tunnels and long-distance power supply, the proportion of the cost of cables and distribution facilities is particularly large. LED tunnels are used. Lamps can greatly reduce the investment in cables and distribution equipment due to power saving.
(5) LED tunnel lights can achieve instant start, easy brightness adjustment, with no flicker, a wide range of starting voltage, etc., can achieve a variety of energy-saving methods, such as according to the traffic flow of roads, tunnels, intelligent adjustment of illumination and so on.
(6) High-pressure sodium lamps, fluorescent lamps, and electrodeless lamps contain chemical contaminants such as mercury and lead, while the roadway tunnel lighting source does not contain chemical pollutants and is a green and environmentally friendly light source.