Light diffuser is the most widely used in LED. With the rapid development of LED lighting industry in recent years, the development of light diffuser is also unstoppable. Light diffuser is mainly used in LED lamp shade, backlight ink, optical film, etc. Lampshade main material is PC, PS, PMMA (acrylic) products, add 0.5-0.8%, transmittance < 88%, fog > 95%.
Generally, the larger the particle size is, the more light is transmitted, that is, the higher the light transmittance is. The smaller the understanding, the lower the light, that is, the higher the fog. It can be summarized as follows: the larger the particle size, the higher the light transmission and the lower the fog; The smaller the particle size, the higher the fog, the lower the light transmission.
1. The influence of light diffusion particles However, if the particle size is too small, it is difficult to control the particle size distribution. On the contrary, under the same fog, the transmission rate decreases. The light transmittance and haze can reach a higher value at the same time if the particle size and particle size distribution are appropriate. The particle size is generally about 1-5 microns. At the same time, the better the regularity and smoothness of particles, the better the haze and transmittance.
Common LED light diffuser requirements are as follows: 1. High light transmission, high diffusion, no glare, no shadow; 2. 2, light source concealment is good; 3, with good flow processing, dimensional stability, weather resistance, heat resistance; 4. High flame retardant and impact resistance; 5. Over 80% light transmittance.
Light diffuser can be divided into organic diffuser and inorganic diffuser according to its composition.
1. The inorganic optical diffusion agent inorganic optical diffusion agent mainly include: nano barium sulfate, silica, calcium carbonate, etc., these model no light spread agent from the micro perspective is a solid ball beads, when joining the almost of inorganic nanoparticles, light will be countless times through the surface of the particles of light refraction, reach the role of diffusion is uniform light. However, it is an inorganic substance. Light cannot enter and penetrate inorganic molecules, which will affect the transmission of a lot of light. And only part of the light through refraction, so affect the brightness or light transmission, brightening effect is not good, can only change the softness of light. It is less used now.
2. Organic light diffuser this kind of light diffuser mainly includes acrylic acid type, organic silicon type, polyethylene type, etc. At present, the most widely used are acrylic acid type and organic silicon type light diffuser. This kind of light diffuser has good transmittance. Organosilicon has the advantages of less addition and better fogging, while acrylic acid has better transmittance.
The light diffuser material itself can penetrate light, which solves the problem of uniform light and light transmission very well. This kind of light diffuser is different in the refractive index of the substrate and microbeads, and achieves soft light effect after repeated light refraction, with less loss of light transmission energy. This organic nanoparticle is a kind of small transparent sphere, which can be evenly distributed in the resin by adding PC, PMMA, PVC and other encapsulating adhesives.
The light ray can pass through these transparent spheres and pass through them after countless refraction. The strong light is refracted and dispersed evenly. The point light source becomes a surface light source, enlarging the luminous surface and making the light soft. Light can also pass through the “glass” sphere, so the loss of light is minimal. Played the role of uniform light, light transmission. So at present, organic silicon light diffuser effect is more obvious!
Role of light diffuser:
1. The light diffuser has high diffusion efficiency, good compatibility with the matrix resin, good dispersion, small specific gravity, low water absorption, good hydrophobicity of water pulling, more balanced light transmission and evenness;
2. The light diffuser has high light diffusion efficiency, low amount of addition, excellent heat resistance, high brightness, and can maintain ideal light transmittance.
3. Better heat resistance and high temperature resistance, longer service life of lamp tube and lamp box. And the optical diffusion efficiency is higher, the amount of low, cost-effective.
Precautions for the use of optical diffusers:
1. Please wear protective gloves, dust mask, goggles and other protective devices during operation to avoid touching skin, eyes or clothes. In case of contact, rinse with soapy water (eyes rinse with plenty of water).
2. Light diffuser is an organic chemical. Do not eat it.
For more details, contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.