What Does It Mean When An LED Light Bulb Starts Blinking?
A blinking bulb means this power supply is failing and cycling. A long cycle time probably means that the heat is triggering the circuit to shut down. Blinking of the LED light means that it won’t work for long.LED flickering can be tied back to the driver component within the lamp.
A common issue associated with using LED flood lights is flashing or flickering. This disruption in the consistent light stream can be distracting and annoying for users, while also indicative of volt load or electrical connection problems in the home or commercial facility. Learn the causes of LED flood light flashing, troubleshooting tips, and why selecting quality equipment is important for avoiding this issue.
Why Is My LED Flood Light Flashing?
There are four possibilities for causing the LED light source to blink or turn on and off:
1): LED lamp bead does not match LED driver power supply. Normal single foot 1W lamp bead withstand current: 280-300mA, voltage: 3.0-3.4V. If the lamp bead chip is not full power, it will cause the light source to strobe. If the current is too high, the lamp bead can not be withstood and it will be extinguished. In serious cases, the gold wire or copper wire built into the lamp bead will be blown, resulting in the lamp bead not shining.
2): It may be that the drive power supply is broken. Just replace it with another good drive power supply and it will not flash.
3): If the drive has over-temperature protection function, and the heat dissipation performance of the luminaire cannot meet the requirements, the drive over-temperature protection will start to work, for example, the 20W floodlight cover is used to assemble the 30W luminaire. This will happen if the heat dissipation work is not done well.
4): If the outdoor lighting also has a strobe light, the light is in the water. The consequence is that it will not light up when it flashes. The lamp bead and the drive are broken. If the drive is waterproof, if it is good, it will just break the lamp bead and replace the light source.
The energy-saving lamp and the LED lamp flash after turning off the power, and check whether the switch control is the neutral line. If the wiring is correct, refer to the following method: Normally, the human eye can perceive a light flicker with a frequency of 70 Hz, and above this frequency, it will not be perceived. Therefore, in LED lighting applications.
Solution for blinking after the LED is turned off
After the lamp turns off, it flashes. First, confirm the line problem. The most likely problem is the zero line of the switch control. In this case, it is necessary to correct it in time to avoid danger. The correct way is to switch the control line and the zero line to receive the light.
1. If there is no problem with the circuit, it is possible that the LED lamp generates a self-inductive current. The easiest way is to buy a 220V relay and connect the coil to the lamp in series. For specific reasons, please see our previous article: The solution to flashing after the lights are turned off by household lights.
2. With the advancement of society, household appliances are no longer the incandescent lamps of the past, but have become more energy-efficient LED lights. It is especially important to master the common LED lamp failure solutions.
3. The structure of the led lamp: the led lamp generally has two parts, the LED lamp driver and the light-emitting diode. The number of the LED determines the brightness of the LED lamp, that is, the more the lamp, the brighter the lamp.
4. The led light is on or off. First, it is necessary to check whether the circuit is good. If we use the electric pen, check if there is current or voltage in the circuit. If there is no problem with the circuit, then check the led light driver. When we power the ledlight , the light bulb still does not light up. We can use another drive to check if it is bright.
5. If the led light flashes when it is turned off, we first need to eliminate the circuit problem, that is, the switch touches the live wire and the zero wire touches the electrical appliance. This professional electrician should not make mistakes.